• Workshops led by top-notch local and national writers and editors
• A choice of workshops focusing on different genres.
• Online via Zoom.
VIRTUAL BOOK FAIR
• Virtual book fair with special discounts from participating vendors
• Support our authors by buying their books from the comfort of your home!
• Panels & presentations on a variety of topics, including cross-genre literature, diversity, publishing, new experimental forms, and more!
• Genre-specific roundtable discussions
• Registration now open!
• Readings and open mics at locations around Houston
• Free and open to the public!
Writefest 2022 Fellows
Writefest Is Proud to Sponsor Writing Fellowships, Made Possible by Donors
April Lim is a Chinese Cambodian American writer from Houston, TX. She has received fellowships or support from Tin House, Kenyon Review Writers Workshop, The Watering Hole, and The Writers' Colony at Dairy Hollow, among others. Her poems have appeared or are forthcoming in Luna Luna Magazine, Palette Poetry, Cha: An Asian Literary Journal, and elsewhere. She is currently an MFA candidate at Oklahoma State University. Find her at aprillim.com.
Read some of April's work:
“Year of the Gilded Pig” in Palette Poetry
“For Tua Be” in Houston Public Media